Thursday, February 2, 2012

Zooey Deschanel

I do not normally pay much attention to entertainment news, celebrity gossip and such but my eye was caught by a recent Slate item. Apparently there has been a lot of blog criticism of "Zooey Deschanel's Girly Problem". I happen to like Zooey, although I haven't seen her new since last fall show The New Girl, (I don't watch much TV). I first encountered her in the film Elf where in a shower scene she sings one side of the classic duet, "Baby, It’s Cold Outside" -- unaware that Will Ferrel's character, the elf, is nearby and is singing the other part. I was instantly captivated by her sweet voice and honest interpretation. I went out of my way to see her again in The Yes Man and everything of her's I could find on YouTube. I like that she fits her style well to the song instead of, as many singers do, unconditionally imposing an elaborate personal style onto it.


Perhaps, like me, she seems to represent a more idealistic, less cynical age. I can't help it -- I've been a big Audrey Hepburn fan too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Abusive comments will be deleted.